Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shoe Art

Just a quick post to start the morning off with. I wanted to share my thoughts and frustration on something. It's hard to work and live with people who don't understand your opinion and appreciate for shoes. I look at shoes as a piece of art. There is a lot of time and energy that goes into designing and making shoes, and this makes them special and valuable to me. People I'm surrounded by don't understand that $500 for a pair of shoes is not outrageous when you're collecting something. Some people collect stamps, paintings, dolls, guns, antiques, or even coins because they are beautiful and valuable to them and someday will be worth something. This is how I look at shoes. Yes I might now wear my "expensive" shoes all the time and some people might view this as a waste of money, but I just enjoy being able to look at and appreciate something so perfect and gorgeous. Is this ridiculous? Honestly, I don't care if it is because I'm happy and I love my shoes, but I just wanted to get your thoughts on this.

On another note, Sarah Jessica Parker will be gracing the cover of May's Vogue issue! I'm so excited- I have a huge love for this woman and will totally admit that I'm a fan :) She just keeps getting more gorgeous as she gets older!
Have you seen the trailer yet for Sex and the City 2? Are you as excited as I am? I seriously would give anything to attend the New York City premiere on May 24th! Anything!!! Know how I can get tickets??


Hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment