Saturday, June 12, 2010

Intel Ice mod

Well after a long break I am back at doing some modding projects, I have 4 total that I wanted to have completed by the end of the year.

The first Mod is called Intel Ice, Featuring a Intel® Desktop Board D945GSEJT Atom CPU mini itx Board Sponsored by Intel, Looking to make it my Home Media Server. I t will set in a a Custom fake arclyic ice case. Let Begin

Parts List

Plexi Glass
Plastic Resin
Vandal Switch
DC power adapter ( on order)
Intel® Desktop Board D945GSEJT Mother Board Sponsored by Intel!!!!
PCi min express wireless Card ( on order)
Wireless Logitech Keyboard and mouse
Western Digital hard drive
Win 7
2 80 mm Blue led fans
mixing bowl /wood spoon
alumin foil
2 boxs one slightly bigger than the other!!!








The mold Not much Card Board and aluminum foil

Lets Begin


64 fl oz of Plastic resin 1/2 oz of catalyst hardner
Mixed it it for 60 sec



Poured the top of the case in the moldto about 1/2 inch deep. Then waited 30 min till it start to gel then I put a second box on top to make inside walls. pour the remaining resin in to make the walls.



I had to apply a little weight on top of the inside box to keep from floating up.

This will set overnite to cure and make sure you are in a well ventilated area.